- 13-May-2013 to 25-Jun-2013 (EST)
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
The Camp Counselor engages "Tweens" in activities which encourage social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth of the children under his/her care. This position has a strong emphasis on physical activity and outdoor play. They follow the daily program for children within an assigned age group.
1. Assist with maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
2. Prevent injuries and handle emergencies, accidents, and injuries appropriately when they occur.
3. Treat children with dignity and respect by recognizing and considering the background, special needs, and interests, style and pace of learning of each child.
4. Help children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others.
5. Help to maintain room arrangement appropriate for age group
6. Provide feedback to the parents as directed by School Director.
7. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding children, parents, staff and any school business.
8. Assist in keeping educational materials, equipment and the general room environment neat, safe and clean.
9. Assist in maintaining playground and indoor play area.
10. Perform all duties in compliance with State and Local licensing requirements, policies and procedures.
11. Promote and maintain an appropriate and professional rapport and working relationships with other staff members.
12. Maintain professional conduct when working with families and staff, as well as visitors and the general public.
13. Ensure that all class activities operate consistently and ethically within the values and mission of Children of America
14. Passionate about Children of America's mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy mission and values of Children of America to children, parents and coworkers.
Other duties as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director
Works under the direct supervision of the Director and Assistant Director
This position does not supervise other staff
Meets state age, experience and educational requirements.
Must have a high school (GED).
Must be willing to drive a 14 passenger van, and have a valid drivers license with no suspensions for the past 3 years
Has previous work experience in School age Camp environment
30 semester hours of credit from an accredited College with 6 semester hours related to school-age care, child development or other related fields
Is working towards the completion a Child Development Associate credential (CDA) and meets the licensing requirements of the state in which they work
Currently attending a degree program in Physical Education or Elementary Education strongly preferred
Physical Work Demands
Physically reacts appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances which can include lifting and pushing up to 60 lbs
Able to stoop and bend on child's level frequently.
Able to interact and communicate with children on the playground/classroom, i.e. run, jump, dance, demonstrate physical exercises.
Required to stand at least 90% of the workday
Able to use proper lifting procedures and seeks appropriate assistance with heavy lifting when possible.
Mental Work Demands:
Mentally reacts appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances
Regular and on-time attendance
Hours may fluctuate based on needs at assigned School.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!