- 30-Jul-2013 to 19-Aug-2013 (EST)
- Downtown Columbus
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Purpose: The School Director oversees the staff and the majority of daily tasks involved in running a school. They are responsible for planning, implementing, and administering the school program operations and activities to meet the established requirements of Children of America and the state government licensing and deliver a high level of customer service.
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of the School utilizing Children of America's processes, procedures and policies.
2. Exhibit behaviors which show the ability to learn and adapt the learning to increase productivity and profitability of the School.
3. Possesses education and experience for advancement within Children of America.
4. Implement and supervise programs which follow the School's philosophy, educational goals, standards and procedures.
5. Coordinate with the District Manager and Home Office:
Consistently increase and maintain enrollment
Improve/maintain a high image of the School
Maintain the School in a clean, safe and healthy manner
Manage School budget effectively
Provide parent participation/community relations opportunities
Maintain the human resource needs of the School including scheduling and running efficient payroll
Motivate and mentor staff
Expand knowledge and training of staff
Improve effectiveness of staff
6. Know and implement the State Child Care Licensing Standards as they apply to the daily operation of the School and comply with local fire department and state health department regulations.
7. Know and implement Children of America policies and procedures
8. Keep records that pertain to the administration of the School in accordance with applicable state laws and Children of America policies.
9. Supervise the implementation of Children of America's educational program for all classes.
10. Maintain open communication with parents, staff and children.
11. Develop community ties through yearly calendar events
12. Submit daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
13. Manage the School's equipment and supplies in a manner that maintains a safe, healthy and sanitary environment for the children.
14. Use basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and ProCare
15. Ensure that all activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of Children of America.
16. Be passionate about Children of America's mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of Children of America to coworkers, customers and the community.
The School Director assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the District Manager and Home Office Management
The School Director reports to the assigned District Manager and Home Office Management
This position supervises all staff at the assigned school
Must meet State Licensing requirements
Have at least three year's experience operating a licensed child care facility.
Associates degree in early childhood education/child development is strongly desired
Physical Work Demands
1. Physically able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
2. Able to lift and move up to 60 lbs occasionally
Mental Work Demands
1. Able to be on time and commit to regular hours.
2. May exceed regular forty-hours per week schedule.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!