- 13-Sep-2013 to 12-Nov-2013 (EST)
- Smithtown, NY, USA
- Part Time
The Bus Driver safely transports assigned children to and from public school or field trips. They are responsible for maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the vehicles.
1. Comply with traffic regulations in order to operate vehicles in a safe & courteous manner.
2. Follow safety rules as children are boarding and exiting bus/van and escort children across roads.
3. Pick up and drop off students at regularly scheduled locations, following strict time schedules taking a head count for each child when entering and leaving the bus and match faces to names on the attendance sheet.
4. Read maps, and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
5. Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilation systems for passenger comfort
6. Perform daily safety inspections and keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
7. Regularly update knowledge of first-aid procedures and ensure first aid kit and fire extinguisher are filled and in good working order.
8. Maintain order among children during trips, in order to ensure safety and ensure all children are properly seated and buckled into seat belts according to state requirements.
9. Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, mileage, fuel consumption, and/or repairs and maintenance of vehicle.
10. Maintain vehicle in accordance with the vehicle maintenances policies and reports any concerns to the Administrator.
11. Maintain a copy of all emergency numbers.
12. Ensure the vehicle has enough gas for the day.
13. Establish the shortest routes, schedules and procedures for transporting children to and from public schools and field trips.
14. Maintain appropriate driver's license for state requirements.
15. Provide services in a manner consistent with the philosophy and goals of the company.
16. Treat children with dignity and respect by recognizing and considering the background and special needs of each child.
17. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding children, parents, staff and any school business.
18. Perform all duties in compliance with State and Local licensing requirements, policies and procedures.
19. Promote and maintain an appropriate and professional rapport and working relationships with other staff members.
20. Participate in all staff training sessions, meetings and programs as requested by the School Director and as sponsored by the School.
21. Maintain professional conduct when working with families and staff, as well as visitors and the general public.
22. Ensure that all activities operate consistently and ethically within the values and mission of Children of America
23. Passionate about Children of America's mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy mission and values of Children of America to children, parents & coworkers.
Other duties as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director
Works under the direct supervision of the Director and Assistant Director
This position does not supervise other staff
Must have 1 year of relevant work experience
Must be 21 years old.
Must have at least a high school (GED).
Have New York CDL drivers license
Has previous work experience in childcare (preferred).
One year experience driving a school bus
High School Diploma (GED)
This position may require a split shift and part time hours
Physical Work Demands
Frequently moves or lifts average weight as in lifting, carrying & holding children & infants.
Must meet the full lifting requirements of 60 lbs and stoop and bend on child's level
Physically reacts appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances
Able to interact & communicate with children boarding, riding in and debarking from vehicle
Required to stand at least 25% of the workday
Able to use proper lifting procedures and seeks appropriate assistance with heavy lifting
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!