- 08-Oct-2013 to 06-Nov-2012 (EST)
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
The Associate Administrator is responsible for planning and implementing the daily program for children within an assigned age group, promoting the social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth of the children under his/her care. They maintain classroom records and update parents on the progress of their child on a daily basis while ensuring cleanliness and safety at all times. They also act as the third level management at the school as needed in a substitute capacity when either the School Director or Assistant Director is away from the school.
1. Plan the daily program for children within assigned age group, which will encourage each child's growth in the areas of social, emotional, physical and intellectual development.
2. Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
3. Prevent injuries and handle emergencies, accidents, and injuries appropriately when they occur.
4. Teach the class in a manner consistent with the philosophy and goals of the company.
5. Treat children with dignity and respect by recognizing and considering the background, special needs, and interests, style and pace of learning of each child.
6. Help children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others.
7. Maintain room arrangement appropriate for age group
8. Provide daily written feedback to the parents.
9. Schedules parent / teacher conferences.
10. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding children, parents, staff and any school business.
11. Keep records of children's development.
12. Assist with preparing meals and snacks, feeding children, modeling table manners
13. Assist with diaper changing when needed.
14. Practice basic health screening of children on a daily basis i.e. injuries, marks, fevers etc.
15. Supervise staff assigned to assist with daily group activities to ensure the physical and emotional well being of each child in the group.
16. Observe records and report any significant individual or group behavior, which might affect the children.
17. Keep educational materials, equipment and the general room environment neat, safe and clean.
18. Notify School Director and/or Assistant Director of needed repairs immediately to room, building, playground, equipment.
19. Maintain playground and indoor play area.
20. After training, be able to step in and perform the essential functions of the management staff to maintain consistency and a high level of customer service while regular management staff is out for extended periods of time
21. Perform all State and Local licensing requirements, policies and procedures.
22. Promote and maintain an appropriate and professional rapport and working relationships with other staff members.
23. Participate in all staff training sessions, meetings and programs as requested by the School Director and as sponsored by the School.
24. Maintain professional conduct when working with families and staff, as well as visitors and the general public.
25. Ensure that all class activities operate consistently and ethically within the values and mission of Children of America
26. Passionate about Children of America's mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy mission and values of Children of America to children, parents and coworkers.
Other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager, Director, or Assistant Director
Works under the direct supervision of the Director or Assistant Director while in capacity of ECE Teacher
In the event of substitution for School Director works under the direct supervision of the Regional Manager
In the event of substitution for the Assistant Director works under the direct supervision of the School Director
This position can at times supervise other staff when assigned
Meets state age requirement
Must be Director qualified for the state where the school is located
Must be available for uninterrupted regular work for one year from the time they are trained in the management function
Maintains state in-service training requirements
Must be willing to relocate as needed
Has previous work experience in childcare with management experience
Has obtained or has a degree in Early Childhood Development.
Physical Work Demands
Frequently moves or lifts average weight as in lifting, carrying, and holding children and infants. It is essential that each teacher meet the full lifting requirements of up to 60 lbs.
Physically reacts appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances which can include lifting and pushing up to 60 lbs
Able to stoop and bend on child's level frequently
Able to interact and communicate with children on the playground/classroom, i.e. run, jump, dance, demonstrate physical exercises.
Required to stand at least 90% of the workday
Able to use proper lifting procedures and seeks appropriate assistance with heavy lifting when possible.
Mental Work Demands:
Mentally reacts appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances
Regular and on-time attendance
Hours may exceed 40 hours per week
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!